pseudo grain with a long history
harvest time: China August-November; Europe: August-November
farming: 100% certified organic agriculture
origin: Germany, Eastern Europe, China
- buckwheat is a knotweed plant and its seeds have grain-like properties
- it has been cultivated since ancient times in Siberia and Eastern Europe
- the main growing areas today are China and Eastern Europe, but even in Germany, buckwheat as an alternative crop has become popular among motivated organic farmers
- its blossoms are helpful to threatened bees thus helping to preserve the natural biodiversity of our environment
- buckwheat is gluten free and source of the essential amino acid lysine which is otherwise mainly found in meat products
- the inedible husks have to be removed from the kernels which then can be used like other grains.
- buckwheat is a traditional basic staple food in Russia but also the French kitchen uses buckwheat for Crêpes and bakery.
- vegetarians and vegans
- gluten free and allergene free diets, people suffering from celiac disease or wheat allergies
- for bakery, ideal mueslis or savoury dishes and even as a crunchy snack
Our buckwheat ingredients:
● buckwheat kernels hulled and unhulled
- toasted buckwehat kernels (“kasha”)
● toasted flour
● instant flour
● puffed buckwheat
● sprouted buckwheat (also as flour)
… and many more – contact our customer service!
available bag sizes
500 g · consumer units private label
2,5 kg/5,0 kg · catering units
25 kg industry
750 kg Bigbags for the industry
for customized bag weights or your private label ideas – just contact us!
at your disposal:
tel +49 9232 – 9918 – 80